[lively-kernel] How to add a property to a morph visually

Jens Lincke jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Feb 11 11:41:17 CET 2012

Hi, Milan

what Fabian meant was that the "this" in the Object Editor (Scriptor) is bound to the object.
I use this to evaluate parts of methods... for example individual lines of the reset methods.

Type "this.foo = [1,2, 3]"

Am 11.02.2012 um 06:52 schrieb Milan Zimmermann: Is
> there a way to do it visually, apart from creating the Library
> Application as a Morph extension with the books member?

What I do when I want to have lists in parts I drag a list into that part and have it there.
The actual list is than hold by that list morph and I access it with:
this.get('ListMorph').getList();
this.get('ListMorph').setList(["foo", "bar"]);
etc... see http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/documentation/livedoc/Morphic/Widgets/List.xhtml

This is the way we use lists in most of our Tools, e.g. the Script Editor, PartsBin etc..

Best,
Jens