[lively-kernel] First steps with Lively Sound

Robert Krahn robert.krahn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:36:18 CET 2012

> 	Of course it sounds crappy because I'm just using a sawtooth wave to test, and there's no reverb, etc, etc.
> 	There seems to be some problem with text in firefox that is preventing it from working there
> 		I've had the basic sound buffer working before in FF

The callback that was used in the synth object was only working for Chrome audio. I changed it to let it call the more general method.

> 	In Safari it claims to load the Flash failure code, but that does not work yet.

The audio lib works with Safari but currently only on HTML pages. The SWF object is not correctly embedded in XHTML pages and thus the audio interface isn't available. Can anyone who know more then me about Flash have a look at that?

Some slight improvements:
- no need to execute the workspace every time, the synth object will be deserialized
- use morphic to for stepping