[lively-kernel] proxy put requests from localhost to webwerkstatt

Jens Lincke jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Feb 24 16:42:23 CET 2012

Hi,

Lively makes a lot of use from an apache proxy rule

RewriteRule   ^proxy/(.*)$         http://$1 [P]

that rewrites

GET /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt

to http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt

on the server side.

Does anyone know how to configure apache so that our proxy rules work with digest authentication?

so that I can do something like:

PUT /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt

or more precisely a:

new URL('http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt').asWebResource().put('localhost was here')

from my localhost wiki that uses the same proxy rule.

With that I could download and upload parts from other wikis to the webwerkstatt.

Best,
Jens