[lively-kernel] Local installation of Lively Core from Github: some notes, questions, and errors

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 05:54:34 CET 2012

Jens, Fabian, Robert:

Thanks all for your comments - this was really helpful. I will mark
this thread for my next round of installation. Below I just summarize
topics and responses, more or less for myself:

- the save problem is not lively related, just WebDAV likely my
permission problem to check into
- the format error can be fixed by pulling the bootstrap as Jens did
- authentication is done through regular Apache digest config (just
need to set it up right), no interaction with Lively
- PartsBin items can be served either via SVN repo or SVN working copy
as explained (I will likely use working copy for now so I can update
easily and not worry about local versions for now)
- LivelyKernel is served from git repo (=working copy) so this should
be locally versioned as is

I will report here any further successes or questions,

Thanks again

Milan