[lively-kernel] Local installation of Lively Core from Github: some notes, questions, and errors

Robert Krahn robert.krahn at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 28 21:27:16 CET 2012

>> a) Just installing the LivelyKernel files from Github under proper
>> apache directory  (as files - is WebDAV needed for this?) gives us
>> LivelyKernel functionality, correct? [subquestion that I can answer by
>> experimenting - what is the LivelyKernel functionality?]

Really good question ;-)

As of now:
- bootstrap process
- class system
- extensions to JS objects
- "Network" abstraction
- module system
- data bindings
- serialization
- test framework
- Lively morphic v2

Currently also an OMeta integration and based on that a JavaScript parser and
interpreter are included.

We will working on shrinking that however. This is one of the main reasons for
creating that "fork". See this wiki entry for our motivation.