[lively-kernel] product environment for educational apps

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Thu Mar 21 00:27:57 CET 2013

Hi All,

New to the list. Have several questions that Dan suggested you would have
great insight.

I'm researching better ways to help kids experientially learn (K-8 primarily
but up to college is planned). I have not yet found a platform or system
better than etoys. But, etoys is not quite a production platform. And, I
would like platform/system to be accessible everywhere. I've also
contemplated deploying Django and writing the apps in Python.

My questions: are there better alternatives? Could you offer avenues for
further research into a production system? Would the lively-kernel be a good
alternative? Or will it continue to be a prototyping system? Could I start a
demo on lively-kernel and expect I could port it to a production environment
(that is if lively-kernel or facsimile is planned for production.)

Thanks much!
brad

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com