[lively-kernel] product environment for educational apps

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Thu Mar 21 16:31:27 CET 2013

Thanks for the reply, Casey,

The particular issue I have with squeak is it's issue of accessing the
Internet securely - school IT departments have an issue - they don't
know who/what/ squeak is and going through the red tape is a potential
problem.  And the web-browser plugin was always a bit of an issue as
well. I don't know if anyone is working on the plugin for web
browsers... but I want to deploy for easy inclusion in a browser... or
at the very least connect to the net.

I don't usually cross-post, but I've included this msg on the Squeak-dev
ML since you advocate the use of etoys in a production environment
(which I admit I haven't actually defined what "production" means)

thanks again,
brad