[lively-kernel] Personal Lively Wiki?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sun Feb 9 02:15:20 CET 2014

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> Is there any wiki functionality built into vanilla LK?

Okay, I have my local copy of LK up and running. I see that if I make a link
to Whatever, lively tries to open a local world at Whatever.html. But if the
world doesn't exist, I get an error instead of "Creating new worlds can be
done by clicking on a link to a not existing world" described in the Lively
Wiki paper.

Also, is there any way to control how the link is opened? Opening a new
window for each wiki link feels a bit heavy.

Lastly (for the moment ;)), editing existing hyperlinks seems very awkward.
Mouseups anywhere on the link open it, regardless of which buttons /
modifier keys are pressed. If the link was in a text by itself, the only way
I found was to click down in the text and drag, creating a partial
selection, until outside the text before releasing the mouse. If there is
other text next to the link, I had to click to an adjoining word and then
arrow key over. Am I missing something easy here?

Thanks!

-----
Cheers,
Sean