[lively-kernel] Personal Lively Wiki?

Robert Krahn robert.krahn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 08:05:28 CET 2014

Well, the original
idea<http://lively-kernel.org/publications/media/KrahnIngallsHirschfeldLinckePalacz_2009_LivelyWikiADevelopmentEnvironmentForCreatingAndSharingActiveWebContent_AcmDL.pdf>behind
Lively Wiki "just" gave you the ability to visit web pages (worlds),
modify their state and behavior, and then save them (maybe under a
different name to add new content) and link between them. Basically self
contained "Web objects".

We added the PartsBin later but this is now also seen as a "wiki feature".

The recent version of Lively also has a messaging
system<http://lively-web.org/users/robertkrahn/2013-08-17_Lively2Lively.html>("Lively2Lively")
that can be used to directly communicate between worlds
and exchange objects. We will extend the system in the future to provide
more "multi-user awareness" and collaboration that will support working in
the wiki.

Best,
Robert