[lively-kernel] Hiding Connection Sources

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Feb 19 19:45:40 CET 2014

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> I went through Dan's server load example, and when I was done..., when I
> deleted the clock, the script stopped ticking

After playing some more, I can see that obviously, if the step mechanism is
driving the action, then the clock has to be in the world. But the command
line can be closed without stopping the chart updating.

But this brings up another interesting implication of relying on Morphs
being in the world… the ElProfesor tutorial recommends accessing morphs via
this.get() or $morph(). However, this creates duplication everywhere
assuming that the Morph will be forever reachable that way. If the Morph
needs to be removed from the world, that will all break. Would it be better
to abstract at least the top-level application object as a property accessed
via $world.getWhatever()

-----
Cheers,
Sean