[lively-kernel] Fix for broken Lively Worlds

Robert Krahn robert.krahn at gmail.com
Wed May 28 05:12:59 CEST 2014

Hello --

A new version of the Chrome browser that was released last week (and pushed
to users via auto-update) leads to a critical bug in Lively:

After you save a Lively world in this new Chrome version and load it again
you will get an error similiar to

Error while loading lively.module("Global.anonymous_module_10"):
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ;

We fixed this bug in the recent Lively version of Lively (available on
https://github.com/LivelyKernel/LivelyKernel and running on
http://lively-web.org). However, if you have a local installation and are
experiencing this bug then you can go to
http://lively-web.org/users/robertkrahn/fix-entity-ref-bug.html. In there
you will find a blue text "fix world".

1. drag the blue text to your bookmark bar 2. load the broken world until
it stops with an error 3. Click the "fix world" link in your bookmark bar 4.
reload

This will hopefully bring your world back to life.

Sorry for the trouble and please let me know if you need help recovering
your data.

Best,
Robert