[General] Copy-and-paste, backspace

Adam Spitz adam.spitz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 22:06:03 CEST 2008

Is anybody working on getting copy-and-paste to work using the
system's clipboard? (I see some code in Text.js that looks like it's
trying to make copy-and-paste work within LK, but it'd be nice if I
could paste text from other applications.)

I just spent a little bit of time trying to make this work using
Safari's oncut/oncopy/onpaste event handlers, but I haven't gotten it
to work yet, and I'm getting a bit frustrated. :) If someone else is
working on this, I'll leave it - otherwise maybe I'll take another
crack at it.

I'm guessing this is a very low priority for you guys. :) I wouldn't
waste my time on it, if I were you. But still, I figured I'd ask.

Adam

P.S. Does anybody know what's causing that bug where the Backspace key
makes the browser go back, in Safari on Windows? I see that there's
code in Text.js that explicitly tries to handle this, and it works
fine on my Mac, but not on Windows.