[lively-kernel] Waving the red flag

Philip Weaver philmaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 06:16:17 CEST 2010

Prezi is indeed pretty rad. Patrick, please reply and explain more about the
zebra and paths. I have not looked closely enough.

I think that *when* a zoomable user interface becomes a priority that some
aspects of Lively ought to change. Drag to pan by default. Lasso selection
via contexual menu instead. (Keep usual single selection behavior.)
Double-click a morph to zoom to fit (similar to opening a window from an
icon). Viewports (scrollable viewports) should instead be views to
subworlds. Etc. But we need some drawings and need to consider "subtlety"
for a zoomable user interface.

Thanks for writing Patrick. If you are willing to draw mockups for Lively I
need you. http://tinyurl.com/lively-mockups/  If you want to code, the
project needs you: talk to Dan, Jens, or Robert.

Peace,
Philip