[lively-kernel] Waving the red flag

Philip Weaver philmaker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 03:35:13 CEST 2010

I do read your journals every week or so since April. I hope everyone at HPI
will post to this list about your recent accomplishments.

Zooming in Lively would need more structure to not be cumbersome - e.g.
double-click a morph to zoom to fit, to drill in. Be able to zoom to any
morph from a columnar system browser. But this means that pickup on mouse
down is done / over with / dead / finished, I want single-click "pick up" to
go away - it is often just very annoying. Keep the auto-grouping,
auto-parenting.

I personally think that a polished environment and IDE and more important
than zooming. But a zooming mockup still needs to be drawn. Don't discuss -
don't code - please draw. A picture is worth a thousand words.

If no one is exploring any degree of funding to help propel this project or
derivatives then that is a great tragedy.

Philip