[lively-kernel] Debugger now available in all worlds

Christopher Schuster cschuster at ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 13 17:46:11 CET 2012

Hi,

> after I reloaded the page - In the context of the OE it seems sometimes
> debugger does not come up.

Setting breakpoints in the OE can be done by enabling "Debug Morphic Scripts"
in the world menu. Unfortunately, this setting is lost after reloading the
page and has to be enabled again. This also means you need to save the script
in the OE again after reloading the page.

> // Just Ctrl-D on the code BELOW will make Ellipse
> // Shift-Ctrl-D will show debugger, step by step will make the morph
> undefined at line 3
> var bounds = new Rectangle(0,0,200,100)
> var morph = new lively.morphic.Morph(new
lively.morphic.Shapes.Ellipse(bounds))
> morph.setFill(Color.yellow)
> morph.openInWorld();

Thank you for reporting this bug. It was caused by nested "new" expressions
and is fixed now.

Bye,
Christopher